When importing a transaction history file for an unlisted exchange using the provided template, the transaction or order type must be set.
This article contains the following sections:
For template file imports for Exchanges, the value of the Type column must be one of the following:
- Buy (order to purchase cryptocurrency with fiat)
- Sell (order to sell cryptocurrency to fiat)
- Withdrawal (transferring cryptocurrency out of an exchange)
- Deposit (transferring cryptocurrency into an exchange)
- For Type values for importing wallet files, see Wallet Transaction Types for Template File Imports.
- This is only applicable when selecting the option "Exchange Not Listed / Template Import" from the drop down menu in step 4 of the article Uploading exchange history using the file import template. It is not applicable when selecting a supported exchange from the list as the mappings are already set.