If a tax preparer or a client makes changes to a client's data sources, a tax update refresh will need to be performed. This process tells the Ledgible app to run new calculations on the data so reports and dashboards are accurate.
To run a tax update for a client's account, follow these instructions:
- First, you will need to open the client's account to access it. See Accessing a Client Account.
Locate the client's account in the Client Management table on the Clients tab. Notice that any client account that contains changes to its data since the last tax update refresh was completed will have a orange warning sign (exclamation point inside of a triangle) shown to the right of the client name. Hovering the mouse over the warning sign will display the tool tip "Tax update required. Expand for detail."
Clicking on the row will expand to show the following message over the client details section: "Changes have been made to data in this account without running the tax update. Run the update process before generating reports."
Select the Open button in the Actions column to access the client's account.
- The Account Refresh Options button at the top of all dashboards in the client's account will have an exclamation point inside of a circle to indicate that an account refresh is needed. Select the Account Refresh Options button then the Start button to the right of Tax Update Needed.
Alternatively, in the Transactions dashboard, you can select the Update Now button in the Tax Update Required warning message near the top or the Run Tax Update button from the top right.
- A message will be shown informing that the update may take a long time depending on the number of transactions. Transaction table operations will not be available until the update completes so the data is not changed during this process. Select Confirm to proceed.
- While the tax update refresh is in progress, the Tax Refresh Options button will be surrounded by a rotating green circle. Clicking it will show a similar icon next to Updating Tax Data. A warning message will also be shown at the top of the Tax Overview dashboard stating the account is currently being updated and that the data shown is based on the previous data set.
On the Transactions dashboard, a message is shown at the top while the tax update is running. No transactions will be shown while Ledgible is processing updates.
- Once the tax update process is complete, the warning messages will disappear and the Account Refresh Options button will go back to normal (no orange warning icon or rotating green circle).
You can now access the content of the Transactions dashboard and run reports from the Reports dashboard.