In order to access a client's tax records, you will need to invite them to sign up for a Ledgible Tax account. They will sign up using their unique email invite link and approve the link to your Tax Pro account. Once they confirm the link to your Tax Pro account, you will be able to view and manage their information. See the below step-by-step instructions:
- You invite the client using the Add Client button from the Clients tab (see Adding a Client Account).
- The client clicks the Sign Up Now button in the email invite that they receive.
- The client enters their email address and desired password in both password fields, then clicks Create Your Account.
- The client clicks the Verify button sent in the verification email.
- The client clicks the Connect button under Connect To Tax Pro in their Settings to confirm the link to your account.
Once the client's account has been linked to your Tax Pro account, you can click the Open button for their account in your Clients list to view and manage their account. See Accessing a Client Account for detailed instructions.
If the client does not see their invite email or the verification email, they should check their Spam folder and add email@example.com as an allowed sender.