Prefer watching to reading? Check out a video tutorial for this article, and many others, on the Ledgible YouTube channel!
Invite your clients to create a Ledgible Tax account so they can add their digital asset information. In addition to gaining access to tax forms and common tax software files, both tax preparers and taxpayers can use the platform simultaneously to review transactions or discuss year-end planning strategies.
Adding a Client Account
- While logged into your Ledgible account, select the Add Client button at the top right of the Clients dashboard.
- Enter your client's email address and then select Next.
- Enter the client's name, their contact name (if different) and your business name that you want to display to the client. Select Next.
- If your client uses Thomson Reuters GoSystem Tax RS, select GoSystem from the drop down menu and enter their GoSystem Locator. If you do not have the locator number yet, you can enter "999999" and update it later. Otherwise, select None from the drop down menu. Select Next to continue.
- Confirm that your client details are correct and then select Create to invite the client to link to your Tax Pro account. From the automatically generated email they receive, if they do not have a Ledgible account yet they will be prompted to sign up for one. Please note that they must confirm the connection to your Tax Pro account under the appropriate field in their account Settings in order for you to access their account.
- You will be presented with confirmation that the client was added and the steps your client needs to take to link their account. Select Close to close the window.
See Resending an Invite Email to a Client if you would like to resend the invitation email to your client at a later date.
See Sharing Your Tax Pro Code Directly With Clients if you would like to communicate your Tax Pro code through another channel or with a personal email.